We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure for more information.
In this article, we’ll highlight some of the cheapest drinks at Starbucks; let’s pinch some pennies!
Starbucks is easily one of the most popular coffee stores in the world – in 2021, Starbucks accounted for 8,947 company-operated and 6,497 licensed stores in the United States alone – with hundreds of thousands more across the world.
However, with stopping your daily cup of coffee regularly being the number one tip on ‘how to save money lists’, how feasible is it to shop at Starbucks when you’re being frugal? Let’s take a deep dive into the cheapest drinks on the menu.
20 Cheapest Starbucks Drinks on The Menu
*Prices may vary depending on where you are located.
Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea Tall
Freshly Brewed Coffee Tall
Freshly Brewed Coffee Grande
Iced CoffeeCoffee (with or without Milk) Tall
Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea Grande
Freshly Brewed Coffee Venti
Iced Coffee (with or without Milk) Grande
Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea Venti
Teavana® Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade Tall
Teavana® Shaken Iced Black Tea Lemonade Grande
Cool Lime or Very Berry Starbucks Refreshers™ Tall
Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino Mini
Coffee Frappuccino Mini
Iced Coffee (with or without Milk) Venti
Caffe Latte Tall
Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea Trenta
Teavana® Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade Grande
Coffee Frappuccino Tall
Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino Tall
Caffe Mocha Tall
cheapest Starbucks drink
As you can see from the list above, the cheapest Starbucks drink is a tall Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea, costing $1.79. If you want a hot coffee at Starbucks, the cheapest drink at Starbucks would be a small (Doppio) Espresso, which costs $2.65. Remember, prices may vary depending on where you are located.
What Types Of Drinks At Starbucks Can You buy?
There are both hot and cold coffee options at Starbucks. The coffee here is produced in different roasts such as dark, very dark, medium, and then light. You can select the roast as per your preference.
When ordering the drink, you will have to tell the barista what size of glass you want. Starbucks offers four sizes:
The good ol’ Espresso is one of the cheapest Starbucks drinks at around $2.45 for a single shot, but it’s one of the finest as well. It gives you the biggest hit of caffeine that you might not even get with the more expensive drinks. In comparison to other drinks, an Espresso is 40% of the price. There are three options for you to choose from:
- Starbucks Dark Signature
- Blonde Roast
If you want, you can also get an Iced Espresso. The only difference is that the shot of Espresso is poured over ice. You can find the same flavors here as you would in the espresso shot.
Americano. Cappuchino. Mocha. Flat white. The list is long! Hot coffee is the bread and butter of Starbucks and you can get a variety of coffee drinks to suit many tastes. The cheapest hot coffee drink you can buy at Starbucks is typically a tall black Americano.
Starbucks Iced Teas
Iced Teas from Starbucks are top-rated on social media platforms like Instagram. Many social media influencers post images of their aesthetically pleasing Iced Teas, leaving their followers parched.
These teas are delicious, look amazing, and are quite cheap. You can also find a plethora of flavors, such as Peach Tea, Black Tea, and more. Many of these teas come unsweetened, but if you want a little bit of sweetness, you can get a pump of liquid cane sugar, free of charge.
One of the most popular teas is the Teavana Shaken Iced tea, priced at $1.79. This premium black tea is only shaken with ice to cool you down.
Starbucks is not just for coffee lovers; if you like a cold drink on a summer day, then the refreshers at Starbucks are the best treatment.
These refreshers are highly popular and can tantalize your tastebuds with their fruity taste. You can get these refreshers in all sizes. Here are some flavors you must try out:
- Strawberry Acai
- Blueberry Acai
- Kiwi Starfruit Lemonade
- Star Drink
- Dragon Drink
- Kiwi Starfruit
- Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade
- Strawberry Acai Lemonade
- Pink Drink
- Mango Dragonfruit
Recommended post: 45 Frugal Meal Ideas
The Cheapest Starbucks Drinks You Can Order
Here’s a full list of the cheapest drinks at Starbucks – all under $4!
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea Tall $1.79
- Freshly Brewed Coffee Tall $1.89
- Freshly Brewed Coffee Grande $2.14
- Iced CoffeeCoffee (with or without Milk) Tall $2.29
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea Grande $2.29
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade Venti
- Freshly Brewed Coffee Venti $2.50
- Iced Coffee (with or without Milk) Grande $2.70
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea Venti $2.70
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade Tall $2.81
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Black Tea Lemonade Grande $3.01
- Cool Lime or Very Berry Starbucks Refreshers™ Tall $3.01
- Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino Mini $3.01
- Coffee Frappuccino Mini $3.01
- Iced Coffee (with or without Milk) Venti $3.01
- Caffe Latte Tall $3.01
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Tea Trenta $3.01
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade Grande $3.31
- Coffee Frappuccino Tall $3.31
- Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino Tall $3.31
- Caffe Mocha Tall $3.52
- Iced Coffee (with or without Milk) Trenta $3.52
- Cool Lime or Very Berry Starbucks Refreshers™ Grande $3.52
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Black Tea Lemonade Venti $3.52
- Caffe Latte Grande $3.72
- White Chocolate Mocha Tall $3.83
- Caramel Frappuccino Mini $3.83
- Mocha Frappuccino Mini $3.83
- Strawberries & Creme Frappuccino Mini $3.83
- Iced Caramel Macchiato Tall $3.83
- Teavana® Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade Venti $3.83
What Is The Difference Between the Cheap And the Most Popular Starbucks Drinks?
Many people wonder why one drink is cheap, and the other is expensive. The major difference between the cheap and expensive ones is that the more expensive drinks are made by hand and require a lot of labor. They also have higher quantities of milk and other ingredients. Most cheap drinks do not have milk. All the expensive drinks have steamed milk, making them expensive for the most part.
How To Make Your Starbucks Order Cheaper
In addition to staying frugal and choosing one of the cheapest drinks at Starbucks, you could use the following money-saving drinks to make your Starbucks order cheaper.
- When you bring your own cup, you get to pay 10 cents less.
- If you get a smaller size, you can get the hot drinks in a smaller cup, thus paying less.
- You can get one large drink and share it with friends rather than getting two separate drinks.
- If you bring your own milk, you can buy an espresso separately and mix them together.
- You can also sign up for the Starbucks reward program and avail some of the best offers.
- If you have the reward program, you may qualify for a free coffee, and you can also get a refill. You will have to pay 50 cents to get a refill if you are not a member. This is why it is best to order small drinks and get multiple refills.
Recommended post: What Is A Minimalist Diet? How To Simplify Your Food
What Can You Get for $3-$5 at Starbucks?
Most drinks at Starbucks are $5 or under. You should also be able to buy a wide range of baked goods – but you might not be able to get a drink as well.