We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure for more information.
Looking for a Halloween costume for your little one this year but unwilling to break the bank for something they’ll wear once? You’re not alone. This budget-friendly Halloween costume ideas are all super creative, look great, and are a quick and easy option if you’re trying to find a costume last minute or simply want to save a bit of cash.
If you’ve been struggling to save money recently, these articles might also be of interest to you:
– 11 Brilliant Tips To Save Money On Thanksgiving Day Dinner
– 12 Things to Stop Buying Now to Save Money
– 50 Free Things to Do When You’re Bored to Save Money for a No-Spend Weekend
Below, these budget-friendly Halloween costume ideas are ideal for kids for this Halloween, but could easily be transformed into an adult costume if you have a party to attend and are on a budget!
Budget-Friendly Halloween Costumes
Last Minute 'Little Bandit' Costume
This fantastic little bandit costume is a great last-minute budget-friendly Halloween costume that takes no time to knock up.
DIY Train Halloween Costume
This DIY train Halloween costume looks fantastic, super cute, and is a budget-friendly option that your child will love!
DIY Stick Figure Costume
So cute! This DIY stick figure costumer is extremely budget-friendly and a really easy, quick Halloween costume idea.
No sew wizard outfit for Halloween
No-sew (win!) and absoluely adorable, this wizard outfit makes the perfect cheap Halloween costume.
DIY Minion Costume for Grown-Ups & Kids
If you already have all of these things hiding out somewhere in your wardrobe, congratulations, you've just found yourself a free Halloween costume! These items are all pretty easy to source to throw together and quick and effective costume.
Dragon wings costume diy tutorial
Perfect for your dinosaur-loving little one, these dragon wings might require a little more effort but are still a very budget-friendly Halloween costume.
Easy & Adorable DIY Scarecrow Costume for Kids or Adults!
Adorable, super easy, and also affordable: you can't go wrong with a classic scarecrow outfit!
Easy No Sew Bat Costume
Another no-sew costume for a quick and easy solution when you want your child (or yourself!) to have a great Halloween without breaking the bank.
No Sew Superhero Capes
Another fantastic no-fuss budget-friendly Halloween costume, these superhero capes are perfect for those who want to avoid spooky stuff this Halloween and just have fun dressing up instead!
Toy Story Forky Costume
I adore this! A super budget-friendly Halloween costumer and so creative!
Other ways you can save money this Halloween
Halloween is a big holiday for some, while for others, it can pass by without any real notice. If you’re in the former camp, this fun holiday can be a source of stress when it comes to finding the money for costumes, food, decor, and everything else that comes with it.
A few ways you can save money on Halloween include:
– Make your own decorations: Get creative one days with the kids (or by yourself!) and make some DIY decorations to hang up around the home. The shop-bought stuff tends to be over priced, anyway!
– Buy candy before the Halloween season starts: You’ll find that Halloween-themed candy is far more expensive than your standard stuff, so be prepared and buy some things in a few weeks before Halloween to be savvy and save some cash here.
– Find free activities in your local area: Trick or treating is a great activity with your kids, but you might also be able to find other free activities in your local area from firework displays to free spooky events to attend with friends.